Thursday 2 April 2015

Today's Review: Cookie Dough Rocky


I picked up these Cookie Dough Rocky bars from Asda a couple of weeks ago, and have steadily been making my way through them. I do love a Rocky, especially the regular chocolate kind, so to combine the biscuity goodness with cookie dough seemed to be a stroke of genius. There's not too much I can say to describe these bars, it's basically a biscuit, coated with milk chocolate, with a cookie dough flavoured cream in between.

That's pretty much what you get too. The biscuit is nice and crunchy, and much the same quality as you'll get in any other Rocky bar. The coating is generously applied, making for a nice chocolate hit with every bite. But the main attraction here is the cookie dough element, and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed. When I think of cookie dough I think of the nice gritty texture, and preferably a smattering of chocolate chips. Of course this isn't quite possible in cream form, so I was a little disappointed. Still, the cream certainly tastes like cookie dough, though the biscuit and chocolate do drown out the flavour a little. Overall, it's a nice new variety of Rocky, and while it's certainly not perfect, it's a tasty bar. They're definitely worth trying before they disappear from the shelves. 

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment