Tuesday 21 April 2015

Today's Review: Müller Püd Corner


I'm not a big yoghurt eater, but I managed to snag one of these new little dessert treats at work the other day. They're almost like your average Müller corner, but contain a "dairy dessert" instead of the normal yoghurt. The toppings remain much the same though, and I opted for the classic milk and white chocolate balls. As you can tell by the indentations on the pack up there, this can't really be considered a "Corner", as the balls reside in the top third of the pot. But I'm not here to argue semantics, I'm here to talk about the taste.

The main event in this pot is the "dairy dessert", and it's actually pretty nice. It's a thick, creamy offering, more similar to something you'll find in a Pots Of Joy than any other Müller product. Too much would probably be a little sickly, but it seems they've compensated for that by simply decreasing the amount of stuff in there. Therein lies the problem. There are a fair amount of balls contained in the "corner" part, and tipping them all into the yoghurt stuff was near impossible. Several bounced onto the floor, and I was left with a mound of balls perched on top of a thick dessert residing in a tiny space. To stir it all up would have resulted in more casualties, so it was quite an impractical dessert. Perhaps I should change my Müller eating ways, and dip my spoon in the dessert and then the balls, but why should I be expected to change my ways because of a package redesign?

Okay, it wasn't too big a deal, but it did put a damper on my experience. Thankfully, this dessert is pretty tasty. The chocolate balls provide a nice crunch and flavour, and the dairy dessert stuff is very nice and creamy, even if it is a little sickly. This is worth a go, especially for a treat if you're tired of your regular, "healthy" Müller Corners.

My rating: 4/5

8 comments:

  1. Really want to try this product as i love the crunch corners, but i can't seem to find the single pots anywhere :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The multipacks are on offer in Morrisons at the moment, still probably not the cheapest solution, but they're worth a go.

      Delete
  2. Just bought and eaten one after seeing an advert. I wouldn't waste your money. Much smaller than normal muller corners. Too many balls that went everywhere. Also the chocolate has hardly any taste. I'm really disappointed and will return to the normal corners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 75% made with skimmed milk 100% tasteless. Don't get excited over these they are the most disappointing dessert if call that. Baby pudding would have more flavour

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with the other commenters, we finally found some today and were very disappointed, much smaller than other corners, balls that went everywhere and a very bland taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate doesnt taste after the first bite. The balls are fine, as long as you tip them in portions but they overwhelm the taste of the chocolate which should be impossible. Also expensive. I think I'll go back to my regular chocolate mousse from Tescos. 20p for a four pack and add my own candy separately :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a pack from Asda today as I thought why not have a cheeky little chocolate dessert....although I was disappointed with the portion size but the yogurt part was fine for me not too bland and not to sweet as I ain't much of a fan of really sweet desserts anyway but the chocolate balls were quite tasty but there weren't much in mine so it was ok for me I would probably buy more if I could afford them haha :)

    ReplyDelete