Tuesday 28 April 2015

Today's Review: Tropicana Essentials Banana, Strawberry & Beetroot Juice


I do like a good fruit juice, but you know, fruit juice is kinda expensive, especially the good stuff like Tropicana. But I spied this interesting new range on offer in Morrisons the other day, and figured it was worth a go. Tropicana Essentials consist of a few varieties of fruit and vegetable juice, and I can't say I've ever tried out vegetable juice, so I figured this would be a good place to start. Banana and strawberry? Sounds good. Beetroot? Hmm, not so sure.

Turns out I was right, really. This juice really isn't my thing. Perhaps it's because I'm already not too keen on banana in my drinks, but I didn't get on well with this. It's a juice, but the banana gives it a definite smoothie vibe. It's some good banana, but the flavour tends to overwhelm everything else. Sure, there's a hint of strawberry, but I really was wishing for more. As for the beetroot? I really couldn't taste much in the first few mouthfuls, but it did eventually come through as a strange kind of subtle base flavour. Perhaps beetroot aficionados will be able to pick it out and enjoy it, but what I tasted really didn't gel well with the fruit, and since I was already overwhelmed by the banana this juice didn't do much for me. I may have a go at the other flavours in the range, but this one wasn't a good start.

My rating: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. I used to have Tropicana juice a lot when I was a kid. But ever since I cam e to realize that it has extra sugar in it, I stopped buying it. Instead, now I go for Pure Noni Juice which is 100 times better than fruit juices which are being sold in the market.

    ReplyDelete