Wednesday 8 April 2015

Today's Review: Tyrrell's Sticky Toffee Pudding Popcorn


I've been meaning to pick this popcorn flavour up for a while now, and I finally took the plunge the other day. While I do enjoy toffee popcorn, I can't say it's my favourite. It tends to be pretty sticky and sickly, but this Tyrrell's version promised the pudding to go along with the toffee, so I was intrigued.

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. This isn't your regular sticky, coated toffee popcorn, instead they're regular kernels with a toffee pudding flavour. I say toffee pudding, and I mean it, the toffee is certainly at the forefront, but there is a hint of cake-iness behind it that really adds another dimension. Perhaps it's the change in texture, but this popcorn really does well to blend in the toffee taste with the kernels themselves, and they work together to deliver a very nice flavour. There's a little bit of salt thrown in as well, that really brings out the sweetness, and altogether makes for a very tasty bag. I may have been disappointed with Tyrrell's lemon cupcake popcorn offering, but this bag is one well worth looking out for. Yum yum.

My rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. You've sold me on this! I wonder what's next in the popcorn world...jam roly poly popcorn?

    ReplyDelete