Thursday 30 April 2015

Today's Review: Wham Rollafizz


After reviewing the Vimto Fizzy Rippa yesterday, you may have thought that would be the end of my fizzy roll up sweet stock. But you'd be wrong, as I also picked up this treat from the very same shelf. This one comes from Wham, who make some pretty damn good chews. But can they transfer their skills to the flat, rolled up confection, and end the slight disappointment I experienced yesterday?

The short answer is no. But hey, it's not all bad. The packet states it's sour raspberry flavour, but I certainly didn't get that from tucking into the sweet. The fizz is prominent and very striking, more of a lip tingler than the Vimto version. But the flavour of the sweet itself is a bit off. The closest thing I could compare the experience to is a Granny Smith, a distinct apple-like taste with a certain tartness. It's a nice enough flavour, just not what I was expecting, and it's certainly a poor go at making raspberry. The other thing is the flavour didn't hang around for long, leaving me with a somewhat flavourless sweet to chew on. But hey, at least they've got the fizz right, and I suppose it doesn't taste too bad, but overall it's a pretty average effort. Wham should just stick to making their chews.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment