Friday 15 May 2015

Today's Review: Fruit Pastilles Berries & Cream


I do love a good Fruit Pastille, and there have certainly been some nice varieties to keep me interested in recent years. But this one in particular caught my eye, a mixture of berries and cream in the same sweet. They come in strawberry, raspberry and blackberry flavours, with half the pastille being taken up by the aforementioned creamy stuff. I must say, they're pretty nice. The fruit flavours are nice and bold, and in keeping with the classic Fruit Pastille flavours. As for the cream, it's not all bad. It's obviously not as good as the fresh stuff, but there's still quite a nice creamy flavour to these sweets, even if it means they're slightly heavier and chewier than your regular Fruit Pastille. As such, I didn't quite enjoy them as much as the classics, but this is a decent twist on the formula that's pulled off quite well. Well worth looking out for.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Fruit pastilles are my favourite sweet and I too have just done a review of these. I thought they were really disappointing! I found the cream really sickly and they weren't quite as distinctly fruity as regular fruit pastilles which was a massive shame

    ReplyDelete