Wednesday 27 May 2015

Today's Review: Milka Truffle & Almonds


Here's another interesting Milka bar I picked up on my travels. I was drawn in by the promise of truffle, turned off a little by the almonds, but hey, I was sure they could make it work. Turns out it's certainly not a bad bar. The Milka chocolate on the outside is as good as ever, and the truffle inside is pretty damn tasty. It's perhaps not quite as soft as I was hoping, but it's still a nice creamy tasting filling with a good texture to it. The almonds aren't all that bad, they add a nice bit of crunch and are pretty good quality. There are a few too many scattered throughout for my liking, which makes the overall flavour quite nutty, but I guess I should have expected that from the name of the bar. Still, I would have liked a bit more prominence from the truffle, but all in all this bar is a very nice offering, and well worth picking up if you come across it.

My rating: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment