Friday 22 May 2015

Today's Review: Seabrook Lattice Crisps: Sea Salt & Red Wine Vinegar


I can't say I've tried Seabrook crisps too often, but I spied this bag of chips in Tesco the other day and had to give them a go, partly because of their interesting lattice shape, and partly because of the inclusion of red wine vinegar, which seemed to be a subtle yet interesting change to the normal salt and vinegar formula. 

Most crisp companies have opted for a ridged or ruffled variety of chip, one that promises to be packed with more flavour due to contours or something, I don't know, I'm not a flavour scientist. But these chips are latticed, which means more ridges, which means even more flavour. You can't argue with the facts. Turns out it actually works out that way, these crisps sure do have a lot of flavour. It's a bold salt and vinegar taste, but with an interesting twist due to the red wine. They certainly taste fuller than your average salt and vinegar crisp, more body to the vinegar, and a little hint of fruitiness. It is, perhaps, a little too tart, eating a whole bunch of these in one sitting may result in some tongue pain, but it's certainly an enjoyable experience. The lattice structure of the crisps is quite interesting too, providing a nice texture that does help to provide more flavour. These may not be the best salt and vinegar crisps I've tasted, but they're definitely good. I'm tempted to try out some different flavours, but for now I can definitely recommend these. Just take it easy on your tongue.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment