Friday 24 July 2015

Today's Review: Marks & Spencer Fizzy Pop Sweets



I took another trip to M&S the other day, and picked up a couple of new bags of sweets. One was this fizzy pop selection, which certainly looked intriguing. It takes the classic cola bottle idea further, extending to cherryade, pink lemonade and ginger beer.

Ginger beer was the one I was most looking forward to, definitely a neat idea in sweet form. It's actually pulled off really well, a sweet, flavoursome sweet with a nice hint of spice. The fuzzy coating is pretty intense, giving a great sensation on the tongue and definitely adding to the flavour. The cola is done very nicely too, with an old time cola taste that goes great with the coating. I can't fault the cherryade either, probably my favourite of the bag, a lovely fruity number that packs a lot of flavour. The only disappointment I found was with the pink lemonade. I was hoping it would be great, but there's not a lot of flavour, and it just left me with a bit of a weird aftertaste. It let down what is otherwise a tasty bag of sweets. They may not all be perfect, but it's worth picking some of these up.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment