Thursday 13 August 2015

Today's Review: Kellogg's Salted Caramel Squares


I've never been that big a fan of Squares. I mean, they're nice enough, but I can think of several breakfast bar type alternatives I'd rather eat. Still, when a new flavour comes out I'm more than willing to give it a go, and this time Kellogg's have jumped onto the salted caramel bandwagon. Caramel Squares are already a thing, albeit with chocolate involved, so I was interested to see what it would be like on its own (albeit with salt involved).

Well, there's no denying the caramel. It's a very strong, somewhat sickly flavour, and couple with the soft texture of the bar, it's also very sticky and chewy. The salt isn't all that noticeable at all, which left me pretty disappointed. The Rice Krispies are alright I guess, but the caramel element is overly sweet and sticky and just overwhelms any other aspect of the bar. I couldn't get on board with these at all, they reminded me why I'm not all that keen on Squares in general. If you like Squares, by all means give them a go, but I'll be giving these a miss in future.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment