Monday 17 August 2015

Today's Review: Shaken Udder Salted Caramel Milkshake


I was at the zoo the other day, and apparently my snack hunting tendencies can't even be quashed when I'm surrounded by the wonders of the animal kingdom. A quick pop into a shop for a drink saw me leaving with this salted caramel milkshake from Shaken Udder. I'm sure I've tried one of these shakes before, but certainly not a salted caramel flavour. Exactly how new it is, I'm not sure, but it's certainly new to me, and I was hoping it would make up for the slightly disappointing run ins I've had with salted caramel snacks as of late

This is what salted caramel should taste like. In this bottle is a lovely thick, creamy shake, fantastically sweetened with a bold caramel flavour. Not too sickly, it blends in with the creaminess of the shake very well, and actually ends up being quite refreshing, something which a lot of milkshakes tend to overshoot. The salt is expertly added too, a distinct hint of sea salt that is very noticeable but doesn't distract from the overall flavour. It does exactly what salt is there to do in a sweet treat, it brings out the sweet flavour even more, and makes for an altogether delicious shake. This is well worth hunting down.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment