Monday 21 September 2015

Today's Review: Bubblegum Angel Delight


Quick, what was your first reaction upon seeing that packet? Mine was "Eww, that ain't right", but I had to grab a pack anyway because it sounded too disgusting to pass up. Yes, in a world filled with generic creamy dessert flavours like butterscotch, strawberry and chocolate, someone thought it would be a good idea to make a bubblegum flavoured Angel Delight. I hate to think how many people this idea had to go through for it to become a thing, but at no point did any of them have the decency to stop it in its tracks. So now we have a bubblegum powder that you need to mix up with milk until it turns into a frothy, creamy dessert.

Sounds disgusting, right? Well, that's what I thought, and I was proven (slightly) wrong. I mean, it's not great by any means, but once this is all whipped up it certainly doesn't taste as bad as I thought it would. Sure, it has that distinct bubblegum flavour, but it's a little subdued, and makes way for the milky taste to come through. The texture is as good as all the other Angle Delight flavours, smooth and creamy, and while having that mixed with bubblegum isn't exactly something I'd choose over any other flavour, it works well enough that I finished my bowlful without any ill effects. It's not great, but it's certainly different. If you're a fiend for bubblegum flavoured stuff, by all means give it a go.

My rating: 3/5


3 comments:

  1. Hi, where did you find this? I've been looking everywhere and can't find a trace! Love your site btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this in B&M, it's only just opened near me but there's a lot of interesting stuff in there.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your response, I've looked in my local B&M but no luck

    ReplyDelete