Tuesday 15 September 2015

Today's Review: Sour Patch Jelly Beans


I've tried Sour Patch Kids before, but I can't say I've been a big fan. As chewy sweets go, they're okay, but I've never found them all that sour. I spied this big bag of Sour Patch Jelly Beans in B&M the other day though, and figured they were worth a go. You can't do much wrong with jelly beans, right?

This pack consists of four flavours of jelly bean. I could hazard a guess at what these are meant to taste like, but since the ingredients consist of sugar, corn syrup, acids and E numbers, I'll just say they come in green, yellow, orange and red flavours. It's kind of hard to tell the orange and red apart anyway. I must say there is some distinction in flavour, the orange ones do taste a bit like orange, and the rest have hints of what their respective colours should taste like. But the innards are quite gritty, which makes sense since the main ingredient is sugar. The outside somehow has a worse texture, kind of a dry, chalky exterior that didn't feel good on my tongue. You may think I'm not exactly selling these to you, but that's because I'm not. These aren't great. They're slightly fruity, and they do have a hint of sourness that stuck around on my lips for a while, but I certainly wouldn't recommend them, not with all the other nicer jelly bean alternatives out there. 

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment