Thursday 10 September 2015

Today's Review: Tabasco Chocolate


I've been finding a few Tabasco flavoured things lately, from jelly beans to milkshakes (actually, just those two). I've spied this Tabasco chocolate in amongst the American food on offer at Tesco, but the other day was the first time I saw it on offer, so I figured I'd give it a go. It's Tabasco flavoured chocolate, basically. Dark chocolate, which I figured from the get go, so I wasn't quite sure what I'd make of it. But hey, worth a try, right?

The chocolate actually isn't bad. Sure, it's dark, but it has a certain amount of sweetness in it to counteract the bitter. Still not quite the kind of chocolate I'd prefer, but it retains a hint of creaminess. As with the other Tabasco products I've tried, the spiciness doesn't really kick in until after swallowing the first bite. But it certainly does kick in, a fairly intense burn that is very reminiscent of Tabasco sauce. But while the spice is certainly there, the flavour isn't so much. I guess it's because the bitterness of the chocolate drowns it out, but the distinct hot sauce flavour that I was expecting just didn't show up. So all in all, it's a nice enough chocolate bar, but it's nothing too special. If you're after some spicy chocolate, by all means give it a go, but there are better Tabasco products out there to try out.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment