Thursday 24 September 2015

Today's Review: Tesco Xero Vanilla Cola


I do enjoy a vanilla Coca-Cola every now and then, but that stuff is pretty high in sugar, so I don't like to make a habit of it. If only there was a diet version I could get hold of. Well, the best I'm gonna get for now is this Tesco version, a sugar free vanilla cola under the name of Xero. I don't know why they didn't just call it Zero, unless there was a trademark issue. But hey, I guess "Xero" is more edgy and exciting. 

I certainly wasn't going in expecting this to be an amazing drink. It's a 55p 2 litre bottle of cola, that manages to be vanilla flavoured while also being sugar free. I don't think Tesco can work miracles on that. But still, this drink isn't all that bad. It's nor particularly great, sure, but it's mildly drinkable. The sweetener gives it that almost overly sweet taste, and the vanilla flavouring is piled on a bit too strong, and isn't all that vanilla flavoured to begin with. But this bottle has done what Coca-Cola haven't so far, I've been waiting for a diet vanilla coke for ages. You can tell this is a cheap bottle of cola, but for a cheap bottle of cola, it's not all bad. I'd say it's probably worth the price tag, probably not more.

My rating: 2/5

3 comments:

  1. Respectfully disagree, this drink in my opinion tastes like the gummy cola bottles one would get at the old-style sweet shops, I didn't find the vanilla to be overpowering, I found it alright, the one thing I'd nag at is the fizzyness, as the drink goes flat pretty quick imo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnashgnash gnash2 July 2018 at 03:36

    You should try standing on it.

    ReplyDelete