Friday 20 November 2015

Today's Review: J2O Bon Bons



I always seem to pick up interesting varieties of bon bons in pound shops and bargain stores, and these ones I picked up in Poundland are no exception. Yes, there are now bon bons based on the J2O drinks, and I definitely didn't see how that could be a bad thing. After all, the Vimto bon bons are some of my favourites, so these had a lot of potential. These ones come in four different flavours: apple and raspberry, apple and blueberry, orange and passion fruit and apple and mango. The packet says exotic fruit, but I fail to see how several of those are particularly exotic, but hey. As you can see, three of the flavours are based on the J2O drinks, though the apple and blueberry is news to me.

I've got to say, these are some damn good bon bons. Sure, the texture is a little off in some of them, some are a bit too brittle, but they're mostly fantastically chewy. The flavours are really nice and bold. The orange and passion fruit tastes a lot like the drink, and I actually find the juiciness of the bon bon to be slightly more refreshing than the drink itself. The apple and blueberry is a great new flavour, with a very sweet blueberry undertone fleshed out with a full apple taste. The apple and raspberry is more subdued, probably the blandest of the flavours, but still a nice fruity offering. As for the apple and mango, I'm not too sure what to think of it. It has a really intense flavour, that does taste a hell of a lot like mango, but after a few chews it does get a little too much, and starts to taste a little artificial. It's still good though, and I certainly found it hard to stop eating these bon bons. These are well worth seeking out.

My rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment