Sunday 1 November 2015

Today's Review: Peanut Hottie Peanut Butter & Chocolate


I reviewed Peanut Hottie way back last year, and it certainly appealed to the peanut butter fanatic within me. So I was pretty delighted to find there's another variety on the shelves, in the form of peanut butter and chocolate. We all know how well those two go together, so surely it's the same in drink form? Well, I was convinced, so I snatched this up.

This is pretty much the same deal as the original Peanut Hottie, a nice, smooth, warm drink that certainly packs a great peanut butter flavour. As for the chocolate? Well, it's certainly not as pronounced. Sure, there's a hint of it in there, but it's kind of drowned out by the peanut butter part, and in fact I think it hurts the flavour overall. The peanut butter doesn't have the same chance to shine through, and it ends up tasting more like a peanut drink with a hint of chocolate, the buttery part is slightly lost. Don't get me wrong, this is still a tasty drink, but where I imagined the addition of chocolate would improve the recipe, I still prefer the original. Still worth a try for the peanut butter chocolate nuts though.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment