Saturday 12 December 2015

Today's Review: Portlebay Cappuccino Popcorn


I'm always open to a new popcorn brand popping up, especially when they bring some new flavours to the table. The offerings from Portlebay Popcorn are very interesting, with the like of lemon sherbet and chilli and lime, but this cappuccino variety caught my eye. After all, we have toffee popcorn, so why not coffee popcorn?

When I popped open the bag, I was greeted with a nice, sweet coffee smell, and that was reflected in the taste. It's not an overpowering flavour, but there's definitely a nice hint of coffee throughout, akin to the flavour of coffee cake and the like. Unfortunately it is overwhelmed a little by the sugar, it's more of a sweet popcorn with a hint of coffee flavour. Not that it's a bad thing, I'm not sure I could handle a full on coffee flavour in my popcorn. The kernels themselves are nice and crunchy, and I didn't come across any I popped ones, although I did find a few crunchy bundles of sugar. Certainly worse things you can find in a bag of popcorn. 

This is definitely an interesting popcorn flavour, and it's put together pretty well. It's not perfect, but it's certainly enough to make me want to try out the rest of the range. Well worth a try.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment