Sunday 6 December 2015

Today's Review: Rockstar Freeze: Frozen Lime



I am writing this review while drunk, a few days after the fact, but I think I can accurately convey my experience with this Rockstar energy drink. I've tried a few in the past, and had mixed experiences with many flavours. But when I spied this lime variety I thought it was worth a go. After all, I love the lemon flavours of both Monster and Relentless, and lime is a close relative of the lemon, so why wouldn't I like this one?

Turns out this is pretty good. Certainly not on the same level as the lemon flavours of the other big brands, but it is a distinctly lime flavoured drink. I'm not sure what the emphasis is on the "frozen" element, but I don't really think it came into play here. It doesn't taste particularly frozen, but it definitely tastes like lime. It is a little too sour, I had to take a bit of time out for the tartness to wear off, but overall it's pretty tasty, and somewhat refreshing, it doesn't have the syrupy thickness that some of the other Rockstar flavours possess. This is an energy drink that's worth a try, not quite up to the standards of the big boys, but certainly a tasty drink. 

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment