Wednesday 16 December 2015

Today's Review: Tesco Banana Milkshake Bottles



There is a distinct lack of proper milk bottle sweets in some supermarkets. You know the ones, the chewy, powder covered bottles. I normally have to settle for the plain old gummy ones, which are alright, but they don't quite fit the spot. Well, Tesco now have filled the void by bringing out these powdered bottles, yay! Only thing is, they're banana flavoured.

That's not necessarily a bad thing of course, but I wouldn't say banana is my go to flavour for sweets. It's always that very specific, not-quite-banana-but-close-enough taste, and that carries over to these sweets. Banana like, sure, but very sweet and somewhat sickly. The texture of the bottles themselves is pretty good though, nice and soft, with a generous powdery coating. Maybe a little too generous, they are a little on the dry side, but definitely in keeping with the classic milk bottle sweets. The flavour is just a bit too much though, I had to stop after a few as they were too sweet. If you're a fan of banana sweets, these will be right up your street, but I think I'd prefer these to be regular milk flavour.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment