Saturday 23 January 2016

Today's Review: Monster Energy Ultra Red


It's been a good few months since I found the Monster Ultra, and I've been on the hunt for the other varieties ever since. I finally stumbled upon the red version yesterday, and I don't think I've grabbed a can so quickly in my life. I've looked around to find out exactly what the "red" part entails, but there's no mention of fruit, merely of a "refreshing, crisp" flavour. A bit vague, but at least they're not pretending it tastes like something it doesn't.

I must say that it does in fact taste crisp and refreshing, and it also tastes quite red. To me there seemed to be a slight hint of cranberry, but all in all it just gives an overall fruity flavour that's reminiscent of a combination of dark, red stuff. It does taste a little on the lighter side than most red fruit based drinks, so I'd probably say it was more pink than red, but what do I know? I'm not a drink colourologist, probably because that's not a thing. So anyway, this is nice stuff, due to the zero sugar it's not overly sweet or gritty, but while the flavourings are good they do sometimes obstruct the refreshing nature of the drink itself. I much prefer the original Ultra can, it just has a nicer taste to it and left me feeling slightly more satisfied. This is still a good addition to the range though, and I'll definitely be grabbing another one whenever I next find it.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment