Saturday 30 January 2016

Today's Review: Ritz Breaks Smoky Bacon


While I'm a big fan of bacon, bacon flavoured food can be a bit hit and miss. At first I was reluctant to pick up these bacon flavoured Ritz, but I tried out the bacon Tuc a couple of years ago and found them to be not entirely unpleasant. These are Ritz Breaks, so they come in nice little portion sized packs of five elongated crackers. 

It's not a particularly strong bacon flavour, but it is present. It's a little more smoky than meaty, but it's not bad, and does a pretty good job of reminding me of the real thing. It is lost a little to the crackers themselves though, and for some reason these Ritz don't seem quite as salty as the original variety, which is weird, as saltiness and bacon go together pretty well. So while these aren't awful, they are a little bland. They could do with a bit more flavour and salt, but what is there is executed fairly well. It won't sway me away from the original Ritz, but they're alright for a change.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment