Sunday 7 February 2016

Today's Review: Tropical Skittles


It's not often you find a new variety of Skittles on the shelves at Tesco, but apparently the Skittles market is opening up, as this is the second new variety to come out in as many months after the Darkside arrived in time for Halloween. This time we're transported from the darkness to a tropical paradise. Well, maybe not paradise, I haven't told you how they taste yet.

I wasn't exactly sure what the flavours were meant to be from the packaging, but a little bit of research provided me with an answer. Each colour is a combination of two flavours, and there are some interesting ones in there. The yellow are kiwi lime, the orange are mango tangelo, the blue banana berry, the pink strawberry star fruit, and the purple are pineapple passion fruit. Why they yellow don't contain banana, I don't know, but I went with it, and on the whole these are very nice.

The kiwi lime doesn't immediately taste like those fruits, but there's a certain tanginess that's present throughout, and it's a good overall flavour. The mango tangelo focuses a lot more on the tangelo, a bold orangey taste with not a lot of mango to be found, which slightly disappointed me. Banana berry is an interesting one, a very prominent banana flavour with some other hint of fruitiness underneath. I'd rather have the berry, but the banana is actually pretty good. The pineapple passion fruit is my absolute favourite, a very distinct and wonderful passion fruit flavour that I couldn't get enough of. This is a nice variety of Skittles, that definitely evokes some tropical thoughts. It's not perfect, but it's a good collection of interestingly paired flavours that made it hard to put the bag down.

My rating: 4/5


1 comment:

  1. i think the flavours are watermelon, pineapple, passionfruit, tropical punch and mango

    ReplyDelete