Sunday 27 March 2016

Today's Review: Lindt Excellence Blueberry Intense



It's Easter Sunday, so maybe I should do an Eastery review, but I'm sure I've done enough of those, and you won't be able to find the stuff soon anyway. So here's a slightly topical one, it's some chocolate. I've reviewed a couple of Lindt Excellence bars before, and this time I found them on offer in Sainsbury's, so I picked up this blueberry bar, because blueberries are great.

This one has a dark chocolate base, like the chilli and lime varieties, with some almond slivers and blueberries mixed in. The chocolate itself is great, a slightly bitter, but still sweet foundation. The almond pieces add a nice bit of texture and a slight nuttiness, but the blueberry is somewhat under pronounced. It still has a nice fruity hint, but there could have been a bit more blueberry. I guess I was spoiled with the intense taste of the line bar, this is still a very nice bar of chocolate, I just feel it could have been a bit better. Well worth picking up though.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment