Saturday 2 April 2016

Today's Review: Tyrrell's Tortillas: Chilli With Chopped Jalapeño



This is a new, fancy looking bag of Tyrrell's, and they're tortilla chips instead of the regular potato ones. Of course, I went for the spicy ones, this one promising chilli and chopped jalapeños. 

I was sure I'd tried some Tyrrell's tortilla chips before, and it turns out I did a year and a half ago. I found them to be pretty fantastic, so there were high expectations for these. Thankfully, they fulfill them, these are some very flavoursome chips. They possess a fantastic, lingering heat that, while not massively spicy, certainly does the job. Not everyone wants their head blown off while eating their crisps. Underneath the tasty chilli flavour is a wonderfully crunchy chip. The best way I can describe it is that it tastes "clean", it's not stodgy, and it doesn't taste like there's anything artificial in there, just a satisfying, great tasting chip packed with some nice spicy flavour. Tortilly awesome.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment