Wednesday 27 April 2016

Today's Review: Ribena Very Berry


You can't beat a good olf fashioned bottle of Ribena, when it comes to blackcurrant they're number one. They've tried to branch out in to a few other flavours, but we all know where they came from, a stable, blackcurrant base that is a British classic. That doesn't stop them trying new things though, so here we have Very Berry, a Ribena drink made up with juice from strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and apples. It's also sweetened with Stevia, so it's lighter on the calories. I like a mixed berry drink, so I was excited to see what Ribena could offer with this bottle.

This is a juicy drink, sure, but the focus appears to be on the more "common" fruits, there's more of a strawberry and apple flavour than the raspberry and blackberry. The latter two are noticeable, but they don't beat out the others, so while this is definitely a mixed berry flavour, some are better represented. It's pretty refreshing, but overall the fruit flavour isn't quite as strong as it could be, and the addition of stevia seems to add a sweetness which seems slightly off, and I found my mouth was getting drier than I expected. This isn't a bad bottle of Ribena, but it's nothing too special. The fruit juices are there, but they're not implemented particularly well, and I think they should have stuck with the regular sugars instead of the stevia. I was expecting something nice, but ended up with a mediocre drink. I think Ribena should stick to the blackcurrant, it's what they do best.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment