Thursday 12 May 2016

Today's Review: Aunt Bessie's Hot Puds: Bramley Apple Crumble


I don't dabble all that much in frozen puddings, ice cream is generally the go to for me in the freezer aisle. But I spied these microwaveable crumbles the other day, and from a respectable brand too, and I was intrigued as to how they would turn out. After all, how good can an apple crumble that's been nuked from frozen taste?

The answer is pretty damn good actually. Two minutes is all it takes, just whip the top of the pot, microwave it, and it's ready to eat. The top layer is a lovely buttery crumble with a nice crunch to it, it's not quite as satisfyingly crunchy as a home made one would be, but there are also cooking instructions for the oven, and I assume that would give these a nicer finish. Underneath is a delicious apple filling, nice and sweet with some sizeable chunks of apple. Despite being microwaved, these tasted pretty much like a fresh crumble, and that's about as much as I'd hope for from a quick, convenient freezer pudding. I'm tempted to try out the other Hot Puds now, these ones are great.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment