Tuesday 3 May 2016

Today's Review: Häagen-Dazs Mango & Raspberry


Summer's almost here, so it's time to start breaking out the ice cream. Häagen-Dazs seem to be getting ready for the occasion, with a new fruity flavour hitting the shelves. I've had my eye on this one for a few weeks, and it finally went on offer, but I'm sure eventually I would have paid full price for this, as it sounded delicious. It is, quite simply, mango ice cream with raspberry sauce.

The mango ice cream is great. It's fruity, creamy, and has none of the chalky texture that you get with the fruit itself, just a great juicy mango taste. There's not really much I can say about it, it's mango ice cream that tastes like mango, it's really good. The raspberry swirl, sadly, is less pronounced. There's a fair amount of colour throughout the tub, but the flavour doesn't shine through quite as much as I'd hoped, so really it's more a mango ice cream with a hint of raspberry than a mango and raspberry ice cream. It's not so bad that the raspberry is so subdued when there's other good stuff there instead, but the ratios could have been a bit better. This is a great tub of ice cream to look out for in the coming summer months though, very tasty indeed.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment