Monday 9 May 2016

Today's Review: Pistachio Magnum


There seem to be a lot of Magnums nowadays, and many have passed under my radar with relatively little fanfare. I can't remember these pistachio Magnums ever being released, but I had to grab a box the other day when I saw them on offer. These consist of pistachio ice cream, coated in chocolate embedded with pistachio pieces.

The pistachio pieces are a nice touch, with a satisfying crunch that packs a great, nutty flavour. The chocolate is your classic Magnum offering, a tasty, thick, creamy shell. The ice cream underneath is not too bad, it has a nice green tinge to it, couple with a slight pistachio flavour. It is quite subdued though, and the creaminess of the ice cream itself comes through more than the nut. It's not bad at all, I was just hoping for a bit more of the pistachio. So while this isn't an overwhelmingly nutty Magnum, it's still very good.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment