Tuesday 10 May 2016

Today's Review: Tesco Finest Roasted Hazelnut Oats & Belgian Chocolate Cookies



Tesco Finest cookies are great, but they always seem to be variations on the standard cookie. A bit of chocolate here, some caramel there. I know a lot of people don't agree with me, but I love an oat cookie, so when I saw these Finest cookies with oats in I couldn't resist. They also have Belgian chocolate and roasted hazelnut, so what could go wrong?

The hazelnut in these is quite mellow, but it's a very consistent flavour that you can taste throughout the whole cookie. It's a great, authentic flavour that doesn't overwhelm, which can sometimes be a problem with hazelnut flavoured foods. The Belgian chocolate is present in chips, which are a pretty standard addition. In this case they're a welcome one, a nice hit of sweetness in a cookie that could have been just a little bit bland otherwise. My favourite part is the incorporation of the oats though. With standard cookies I find they can be a little thick and stodgy at times, but these ones seem to have a lighter texture, while also being slightly more filling. They taste somewhat cleaner than a regular cookie, and I think it helps to being the hazelnut more to the forefront. I think it's clear to say I love these, especially due to the fact that I'd polished three off before I got home. I agree with you, Tesco. These cookies are pretty fine.

My rating: 5/5

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to try these but sadly since my nearest Tescos installed the "Euphorium" bakeries they don't stock any Finest range cookies anymore. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my favourite cookies ever. Haven't seen them in store over the past few days, have they been discontinued ? I'd be gutted if so

    ReplyDelete