Wednesday 1 June 2016

Today's Review: Kettle Bites Coconut, Lime & Chilli


I tried out the maple barbecue variety of these Kettle Bites a while back now, and found them to be pretty damn awesome. Since then I have dabbled in the other flavours, which came in the form of lentil curls, but I couldn't really get on board with them. Why I didn't review them, I don't know, but I don't think I'd go for them again. The other day, though, I spied this new flavour that again takes the form of wholegrain waves, and this one has chilli in it, so I didn't hesitate to grab a bag off the shelf.

It's not just chilli in these, there's also coconut and lime. Now, lime and chilli works well, I know that, but coconut seemed a very odd choice for a crisp. Despite my misgivings, however, it actually tastes pretty good. There's a subtle, sweet coconut taste that permeates the whole crisp, with the lime and chilli taking up a lot more of the flavour than I thought it would. In fact, there is a bit too much lime, as the tartness does outweigh the sweet some of the time, but all in all it's a nice balance of sweet, sour and spicy. As with the maple barbecue variety, the wholegrain waves provide a lovely crunchy, clean tasting crisp that really allow the flavours to stand out, so these really do taste good, just a little imbalanced. Even if the coconut element makes you wary, these are still worth trying out.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed the maple waves and these sound even more exciting!

    ReplyDelete