Monday 13 June 2016

Today's Review: Schwartz Grill Mates Burger Mixes


I was offered some samples of these Grill Mates burger mixes to coincide with nation BBQ week. Well, they arrived a little late to celebrate the actual week, but in my mind any week can and should be BBQ week, so I let this stuff loose on my burgers anyway. Basically, these are some sauces you mix up with your mince to make some tastier burgers. Now, I'm quite accustomed to shaping my own burgers, I like to go for a Juicy Lucy myself, so I was definitely willing to add a bit of flavour to my concoctions, and this is an easy way to do it. Simple empty the sauce into a bowl, slap some mince in there and make four burgers ready for grilling.

It's a very simple process, and it's effective. Because you're using mince the sauce really has a chance to seep into every piece of the meat, and once the burgers are shaped the flavour really permeates the whole thing. You grill them the same as any other burger, and when they're done they have a nice colourful sheen to them. The flavours themselves are good. The Steakhouse contains mustard, garlic and black pepper, and give a quite intense kick of spice with a garlic undertone. There's perhaps a little too much spice that detracts away from the meat itself, but overall it adds a nice layer of flavour. The American Smokehouse was my favourite, offering tomatoes, paprika and garlic, and gives the burger a real saucy taste. It's a little rich, but it's smoky and juicy, and really does kick the meat up a notch. 

These burger mixes are a breeze to use, and add a nice layer of flavour to what could otherwise be a pretty bland burger. The sauces may not be perfect, but they're tasty, and they're worth slathering on your BBQ meats over the summer. Try them out.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment