Friday 1 July 2016

Today's Review: Toad-Ally Snax Kangaroos


I popped into the massive candy store on Oxford Street last week, and showed great restraint, as I spent a whole lot less than I wanted to. I did make it out with these though, they're Kangaroos. What are Kangaroos? Well, they're peanut butter filled pretzel bites covered in chocolate. They call it a "peanut butter pouch" to tenuously link it to the name, but the semantics didn't matter to me, it only mattered that they went into my mouth.

Disappointment is a harsh reality, but it's what I experienced with these. They had so much potential, but they fell pretty flat on all front. Firstly, as you can probably tell from the bag, the coating isn't so much chocolate as "chocolate flavor", and it wasn't particularly nice or creamy. Tasted like chocolate a little I guess, but nothing special at all. The pretzel was crunchy enough, but mostly dry and not very flavoursome. As for the peanut butter, I don't know how they got that wrong, but the middle offered an only slightly nutty, quite thick and dry globule of peanut butter. Maybe I got a bad bag, maybe the lack of air conditioning in the store that made these slightly melted compromised the overall flavour. But I can't say I'll try them again. So much potential, wasted.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment