Wednesday 13 July 2016

Today's Review: Cadbury Dairy Milk Tiffin


I reviewed Dairy Milk Tiffin almost three years ago now, but that was an overly priced, tiny import version, while now it's available as a fully fledged bar in the UK. It's taken me a while to get my hands on one of these, but I finally picked it up in Wilkinsons today for a nice round pound. Dairy Milk Tiffin is basically Dairy Milk with biscuit and raisin, or "dried grapes" as the packaging says. I like how on the front they've included a picture of a tin marked "biscuit" instead of letting us squabble over what those vaguely biscuit-like chunks could be in the picture. But I digress, enough about the branding, how does it taste?

I said before that something seemed a little off in the chocolate, and I guess that still holds true, as Dairy Milk isn't the same as it used to be. This bar is pretty nice though, the change in the chocolate recipe isn't quite as noticeable with these pieces packed in. With all the crazy Marvellous Creations and other such fillings that have come out in recent years, it's nice to have a bar with something simple inside. Simple, yet effective. Sure, the others are fun, but this is just raisin and biscuit, and it's done well, providing a nice crunch and some juicy fruit flavour to round off a very nice bar. It probably won't sit in pride of place next to the classic varieties, but this bar is pretty damn good, and it's nice to see it available in the UK.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment