Saturday 16 July 2016

Today's Review: J2O Apple & Mango Fruit Fusion


J2O have joined the frozen dessert game, and have brought out these frozen smoothies on a stick. It's not a bad idea at all, Vimto and Fruit Shoot are among several drinks that have branched out to the frozen aisle, and J2O have a good variety of flavours to turn into nice fruity smoothies. These desserts are apple & mango flavour, although they're also available in the classic orange & passion fruit.

I like that the picture on the box has one of these with a big bite taken out of it. Who does that? My teeth are way too sensitive for those shenanigans these days. So slowly sucking is my game, and it yields some pretty good results in terms of this smoothie. It has a lovely consistency, somewhere between sorbet and ice cream, and the bold fruit flavours mixed in remind me a little of the ice cream in the middle of a Solero. The apple and mango are both noticeable, and are blended well, although the mango does take the front seat some of the time while the apple hangs back, a little subdued. It's a good blend overall though, and these are, on the whole, very tasty frozen smoothies. Only 80 calories as well, that's a dessert I can get behind. I'll be hunting down the orange & passion fruit next.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment