Tuesday 19 July 2016

Today's Review: Tesco Sultana & Oat Cookies


Oatmeal cookies get more of a bad rap than I think they deserve. I like oats in most things, especially cookies, and while Tesco haven't gone for the full oatmeal, they have come out with these oat cookies, with sultanas in them and everything. I figured they'd still taste good, so I was eager to pick them up.

The consistency of these is a little weird. They have a slightly chewy texture throughout, but also possess a crunch, somewhere in between oatmeal and regular cookie, and while it's not entirely unpleasant, it does give the feel of a slightly stale cookie. Not that it tastes like one, these have a nice oaty taste, and the sultanas give it a fruity kick and a bit of juice. Despite not having any cinnamon or the like in the ingredients, these did appear to have something of a spiciness to them, and I can't say it was all that great, I would have preferred a cleaner tasting oat cookie. So, they're not perfect, but they're not awful, just a couple of things that stopped these cookies being too enjoyable. I did manage to eat quite a few of them, so they are moreish, there are just better cookies out there.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment