Sunday 21 August 2016

Today's Review: Dairylea Pepperoni Pizza Lunchables


Since I haven't been to school in a long time, Lunchables fail to excite me in the way they used to. But I did get a quick thrill when I laid my eyes upon this new pepperoni pizza variety. It's like your regular Lunchables, but the ham is pepperoni, and the crackers taste like pizza! Sounds like a winning combination to me.

I wouldn't say the crackers taste a whole lot like pizza. They're herby, with a hint of tomato, but it's not particularly strong. The pepperoni is a nice enough touch, but it's not the best you'll find, it's a little bland, I was expecting a bit more spice I suppose. These cheese is your standard processed stuff, chewy sliced cheese goodness, it's a good thing they've highlighted them as "cheese food slices" so we still know that it's actually food. You know, I don't see how kids can get so worked up over Lunchables, this stuff just isn't good. I mean, it's adequate for shoving something in your face, but the whole thing was quite dry. Maybe with some tomato sauce these would be more like pizza, but as they are they're just dry and flavourless. Plus, look at that picture on the packaging. Why would you stack it up like that? I constructed a three cracker tower, and that was hard enough to fit in my fully grown mouth, a child would find that monstrosity impossible. 

I may have felt a pang of excitement when I stumbled upon these Lunchables, but that has long gone. These will definitely not earn a permanent place in my lunch box.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment