Sunday 23 October 2016

Today's Review: Butterkist Choc Mallow Popcorn


Here's the other new flavour of Butterkist I was sent to try out, and after the coconut & raspberry that I found pretty okay yesterday, I had higher hopes for this one. It does what is says on the bag, it's popcorn with a chocolate and marshmallow flavour toffee coating. It has some cocoa powder in it, so hopefully that would lend some authenticity to it.

The first thing I noticed when biting into these was the marshmallow flavour, it's quite intense, and not bad at all. It's got a sort of toasted edge to it, and while it's not as good as proper, chewy marshmallow, the flavouring is fairly accurate. I would have been nice to have the texture in there as well though. The chocolate is less pronounced, but as I made my way through the bag it became a more predominant flavour. It's a good combination, two sweet flavours interspersed with a soft, chewy popcorn, this stuff does taste like chocolate and marshmallows. Not entirely authentic, but this is a good effort at a unique bag of popcorn, and it's well worth picking up while it's around.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment