Thursday 20 October 2016

Today's Review: Drumstick Squashies Creepy Orange & Blackcurrant


I've been impressed with the new flavoured Halloween stuff that's come out this year. Haribo released a new version of Starmix, and now Drumstick Squashies are getting involved, churning out this "creepy" bag of orange and blackcurrant sweets. It sounds like a bit of an odd combination, I would say it's because they needed the colours, but I wouldn't say I consider orange and purple to be entirely horrifying. Maybe I should stop pondering why they are the way they are, and instead talk about how they taste.

The first thing I noticed is that these are significantly less "squashy" than the original Squashies, at least at first. They're pretty firm, but that's not really a bad thing, and these soon give way to a nice chewy, fruity sweet as soon as you start chewing. Both the fruit flavours are accurately represented, there's a bit of bold blackcurrant goodness, with a nice citrus undertone. I didn't think the two fruits together would work all that well, but I was pretty impressed. I'd put these on par with the original bag, they're pretty fantastic, and it's a shame they're only going to be around for the next couple of weeks. Grab them while you can.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment