Wednesday 26 October 2016

Today's Review: Haribo Minions Featuring Banana & Ice Cream


Haribo Minions have been a thing for a while now, and they've gone through a few iterations. The inclusion of purple minions a couple of years back was pretty good, but now they've added the very Minion themed flavour of banana, as well as tossing in some ice cream flavoured foam backing for good measure. Now, I'm not sure exactly which flavours the original Minions were meant to be, but this bag has a nice list of which flavour's which on the back, a trend that I've quite enjoyed on recent Haribo bags. Aside from banana, there's also apple, cherry, raspberry and blueberry.

I'm not sure if having the flavours spelled out for me helped all that much. I guess it gave me an idea of what flavour I'm looking out for, but a lot of these don't really have that authentic a flavour. The banana is certainly noticeable, and the apple is actually very nice, with a slight tang to it. The others seem a little generic, not particularly bad, they just taste fruit flavoured rather than a specific fruit. The ice cream backing is alright, I can see where they're coming from, and it's somewhat sweet and creamy, but I wouldn't say it particularly tastes like ice cream. Overall I'd say this is a pretty average bag, some flavours are bland, some are good, but they don't beat the varieties being churned out for the Starmix bags lately.

My rating: 3/5


2 comments:

  1. Have you seen these? http://www.candygurus.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_6548.jpg I found some in my local tesco today and i've never seen them before? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen those, but they look amazing. They're going to the top of my wish list.

      Delete