Thursday 27 October 2016

Today's Review: Kettle Chips Chef's Signature Burrata Mozzarella & Sweet Chilli Jam


The Chef's Signature range launched last year, and while it promised some good quality, fancy flavour, I didn't think all that much of them. I've been waiting for a new flavour to drop for a while, and when I spied this one the other day I thought it was mightily promising. Chilli jam is a winner as far as I'm concerned, and there's some mozzarella in here too, what could go wrong?

These crisps are good quality, just like Kettle Chips are known for. They have a decent crunch, and there's a decent amount of flavouring thrown in there. The chilli jam is very bold, and very well done. It has equal amounts of sweetness and spice, and I could even detect a slight stickiness in the texture. The mozzarella, unfortunately, isn't as well represented. There's a hint of cheesiness, but the jam overwhelms it most of the time. Now that that's awful, the jam is good, but if you're coming for the mozzarella you may be a little disappointed. Still, these are some good sweet, spicy crisps with a fairly nice cheesy undertone. A good addition to an otherwise fairly average range.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment