Tuesday 18 October 2016

Today's Review: KFC Original Recipe Stacker


I tend to make a visit to KFC whenever a new promo burger comes out, although the last one was a little disappointing, basically a smaller version of the previously released Zinger Stacker. This new one follows the winning formula of the Stacker, but uses original recipe chicken instead of the Zinger fillets. It definitely looks stacked in that picture there. This burger consists of two original recipe fillets with cheese and lettuce, covered in both barbecue sauce and new baconnaise sauce.

Yeah, baconnaise, I guess that was the selling point for me. Some may say instead of baconnaise, why not just have bacon and mayo, but I was intrigued to find out what it would taste like. Quite simply, this is a great burger. I really loved the Zinger Stacker because it packed a substantial amount of chicken into the bun and layered on some great sauces, and this one is no different. The stacked chicken made it difficult to fit into my mouth at times, which to me is a sign of a good burger. The barbecue sauce is a great addition, but we all know barbecue sauce and chicken is a magic combination. The main thing is that there's a definite bacon taste present here, despite there being no bacon, so the baconnaise really does a good job. It's creamy and meaty, and just works really well with the chicken. This is another great stacked burger from KFC, I hope they continue this trend in some way, could this be the next step towards getting the Double Down released over here...?

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment