Sunday 16 October 2016

Today's Review: Maxibon Pops


I have returned from my time in the sun, hooray, back to chilly England! My snack hunting didn't stop on holiday though, although it was slightly diminished due to my laziness. If there's one thing I look for on a European holiday, however, it's a Maxibon product, and there happened to be one on sale at the bar by the pool, so I didn't have to go very far. These are Maxibon Pops, small ice cream pieces coated in chocolate and crunchy stuff.

I must admit I blindly followed my love of Maxibon with this one, even looking at the picture on the tub you can tell it's not the same as the fantastic ice cream sandwich, there's not a soft cookie to be seen. Indeed, these are just vanilla ice cream with a chocolate coating, embedded with crunchy pieces, and I've got to say they're bland. The ice cream isn't really anything to write home about, and that seems to be the main feature here. They did the trick for a quick afternoon snack, but I'd never buy them again, not when there are proper Maxibons on offer with their fantastic cookie half. These are not worthy of the Maxibon name.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment