Monday 3 October 2016

Today's Review: Poundland Peach Rings


As far as sweets go, you can't really go wrong with Poundland. Their Haribo selection is very respectable, they have a nice selection of American candy, and they also have big, generically labelled bags of other sweets, like these here peach rings. It's my firm belief that the Lidl peach rings are the best, but to be fair they're the only other ones I've really tried, so I needed to try these to get a proper opinion.

These could be exactly the same as the Lidl ones actually, it's been a while since I had them, and these look pretty much like the same one repackaged in a clear bag. They're pretty good though. They taste like peach, with a nice squishy underbelly and a pleasant sugary topping. A good amount of chewiness that lets the flavour seep out, although after a few chews the taste does become a little too artificial. It's not a big problem though, as the fruitiness does stick around, just less dominant then before. They're good peach rings, they're rings and they taste like peach, can't ask for much more than that. You get a fair amount in the bag too, so good going Poundland.

My rating: 4/5


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this article,
    I eat lidl peach rings while training for and during long endurance events. It seems like lidl is going to stop carrying them because my star stop stocking them and took away the SKU. Lidel peach rings are by far the best tasting. At least I can look for Proudland.

    ReplyDelete