Friday 4 November 2016

Today's Review: Bebeto Ice Cream


Bebeto is like the weird, foreign cousin of Haribo, except Haribo is also foreign, and they aren't related. I've stumbled across a few bags of Bebeto sweets before, but seeing as they're normally the same kind of sweets that Haribo pump out, I've regularly left them on the shelf. These ones are a bit different though, they're ice cream flavoured sweets, with both vanilla and strawberry tops. 

I say they're ice cream flavoured, but I'm not entirely convinced. The bag proudly states they have real fruit juice, but surely the only fruit juice needed would be strawberry, so I'm not sure what else they've pumped in there. To be fair, the pink tops do have a strawberry like flavour, and the vanilla ones have something of a creaminess to them, but they're all a bit ruined by the cone part. I have no idea what it's supposed to taste like, but they don't taste like ice cream cones, and they also don't taste like any fruit I've eaten. If I had to describe it, I'd say it tastes like the colour brown. If you can't quite understand that, imagine a taste incorporating elements of dirt, cardboard, and other brown things. You're probably still confused, so I'll just say it's not nice. So while the tops of these sweets have some saving graces, it's all ruined by whatever the hell they put into the cones. Not a good bag of sweets, this is not the one to go to for your ice cream fix.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment