Thursday 29 December 2016

Today's Review: Manomasa Tomatillo Salsa Tortilla Chips


I've gone back and gotten myself some more Manomasa chips. Last time I was mightily impressed with the lemon and peppercorn, this time I went for the salsa flavour, because we all love a bit of salsa, right? The chips contain red and white quinoa, and are flavoured with green tomato. These guys like using fruits that are different colours than usual apparently. There are some cheeky chillies popping out of the top of the chip there too, so I was looking forward to a bit of spice.

These chips have a good texture to them. Not quite as good as the lemon and peppercorn, they're a little on the dry side, but the quinoa gives them a nice grittiness and flavour. As for the salsa taste, they do a pretty good job. The tomato is very bold, but not too overpowering, it's a nice clean flavour that works very well with the texture of the chips. The chilli is a great addition, it starts off not too noticeable but builds up to a very satisfying level of heat. Spicy tomato salsa, in a chip. Another very nice flavour in the range.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment