Wednesday 4 January 2017

Today's Review: Cadbury Egg 'n' Spoon Oreo


It's the beginning of January, so that means it's time for Easter! I know there will be several exasperated groans of despair around the country, but I don't mind picking up some Easter themed treats this early, it means I won't consume them all in the Spring and slip into a coma. This year we see another addition to the Egg 'n' Spoon range, these nice little eggs have become ubiquitous in the Easter season, and they even managed to churn some out for Christmas too (but they were a bit rubbish) These eggs are of the vanilla mousse variety, but with some Oreo bits thrown in, because the world isn't full enough of Oreo products as it is. Still, these looked promising, although I just noticed it says "wash spoons before use". I'm sure that wasn't there last time I got a packet, have there been notable cases of people catching diseases from dirty Cadbury spoons? 


I'm sure there's less filling in these eggs than in last year's Egg 'n' Spoons, but that's how they get you, you could save one to compare, but how can any normal human being keep chocolate around for an entire year (well, nine months, but still). Anyway, I'm not too mad that there's seemingly less filling, because it's actually not that great. There are a lot of Oreo chunks in there, which is nice, but somehow the mousse seems... too dry? I assumed it would be creamy stuff in there, but it's a bit hard to swallow at times. It's got a nice enough combination of vanilla and Oreo flavourings, but it's not all that fun to eat. On top of that, the chocolate shell isn't great. They seem to be using different moulds this year, as there's a big old line around the middle of the egg. Maybe they're making it more accessible for those who can't get the spoon through the small hole you're meant to bite out of the top. I don't know, but it seems they're just skimping on the chocolate, and while it tastes alright,  and it's not that proper Dairy Milk that we fondly remember. All in all, this isn't a great outing for Cadbury. I'm hoping the formula of the other Egg 'n' Spoon varieties is about the same, but I guess we'll wait and see about that one. Meanwhile, please write a comment below if you've contracted an illness from an unwashed Cadbury spoon. We'll get to the bottom of this.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment