Friday 13 January 2017

Today's Review: Hula Hoops Big Hoops Chilli


Aside from salt and vinegar, chilli has to be one of my favourite crisp flavours. I don't know how long these chilli Hula Hoops have been around, but I'm pretty sure today was the first time I laid eyes on them. Not only are these Hula Hoops, they're Big Hoops, so would they be big enough to handle the heat? Also, would they be big enough to fit on your fingers proper instead of just the tips?

Well, they didn't go past the knuckle, so that was disappointing, and unfortunately it wasn't the only disappointing thing. These are definitely Hula Hoops through and though, but the problem is there wasn't much chilli to be experienced. These are big, satisfyingly crunchy crisps, but they're just very bland. The heat did come to a head sometime after eating, but it wasn't particularly strong, and by then it was too late. I think the hoops are perhaps too big, and the taste of them pretty much envelops the small amount of flavouring placed on top. These are some nice quality hoops, but they're just not flavoursome.

My rating: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. I respectfully disagree on these, although they weren't hot I thought they were big on flavour a little too much like the beef flavouring maybe, but with a spicy twist. 4/5 from me.

    ReplyDelete