Tuesday 31 January 2017

Today's Review: McVitie's Digestives Thins Milk Chocolate Cappuccino


Thin biscuits are a trend now, apparently. Oreo Thins are promoting a more "sophisticated" way of eating Oreos, but these Digestives are a lighter way of eating, or so they say. 31 calories per biscuit doesn't sound bad, but that's based on the assumption that we'll eat less just because they're thin. So this is probably good for those with self control, but for people like me, we were doomed from the start. Still, it's a different way of enjoying Digestives, and these ones come in a chocolate cappuccino flavour, so I had to try them out.

These are thin you know, but the composition is much the same, it's the classic Digestive biscuit, and the chocolate coating is as good and creamy as ever. In fact, due to the reduced biscuit size, these are actually more chocolatey than the original. The cappuccino flavouring is embedded in the biscuit, and it's a sweet, bold coffee taste that work pretty well alongside the coating. It's a bit strong in places, but overall lending towards a good combination of flavourings that make for a nice little treat with fewer calories. Well, I suppose it depends on how many you eat, it's probably not healthy to eat the whole pack, not that I'm speaking from experience...

My rating: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. I can't detract anything from your review. Will you promise to come and visit me in re-hab because I can't put the damn things down. 5/5 (10/5 really ��)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They taste like the cardboard box they came in. Ruined it for me completely

    ReplyDelete