Friday 10 February 2017

Today's Review: Chupa Chups Mini Candy Sushi


I spied this nice little selection of candy in Poundland a little while back, it's like sushi, but made of sweets! A novelty this may be, but I've had the Chupa Chups pizza before and found it pretty damn good, a nice selection of sweets on top of a juicy, jelly pizza. I was hoping to get the same experience here.

This isn't bad actually, but it's not great either. As you can see from the picture, there are some fizzy belts and jelly fish in here, and those are pretty good. The little round speckly sweet at the bottom right is my favourite, it's a kind of jelly sweet with a tanginess to it, and the bobbles provide a nice crunch. My issue is with the white bits, you know. The bits that represent the rice, where the candy equivalent is just marshmallows. Plain, boring, white marshmallows. I mean, they're not bad marshmallows, but I was expecting something a bit more, especially when they take up over half the pack. Plus, I don't think they work too well when paired with fizzy sweets, so this pack is a bit hit and miss for me. It's an interesting pack to try, but it doesn't beat that candy pizza.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment